Monday, January 19, 2009

Monday, January 19


Project 365:
Keenan came into the den this morning and announced that he was making a special breakfast. "Great" I said enthusiastically. But in reality, I was a bit nervous. He has never even made a bowl of cereal before. But, I am all for encouraging autonomy. I heard cupboards open and slam shut. I waited for the sound of something breaking-it never happened. Keenan was so excited to present us our breakfast. Here is the precious scene we encountered. How cute is this darling kid? This is the dessert that we forgot to eat last night. Chocolate Macadamia Nut Pie. Pie for breakfast? Why not? It is a holiday today after all--MLK Day. :)


More pictures from today:We spent the day at Turtle Bay Hilton. It was a gorgeous sunny day.

This was the view from our room. Notice the little white speck ( middle of the picture, out in the deep blue part of the ocean)--it is a water spout from a whale. There were several of these beauties out there today. They put on quite a show for us.

Here is Keenan swimming independently for the first time. He resisted the floaties but once he got in the water and saw that he could actually swim by himself he was in heaven. Yahoo! This little guy has not been a big fan of the ocean. He has yet to go in chest deep. After being at the beach for 30 mins he is ready to go home. -- But, the pool he loves, and so does Valu. When we suggested that we hang out at the beach for awhile they both said - no, thanks. Valu chimed in with "We can go to the beach anytime." -- What? Are my kids actually blase' about the beach? Sheesh, I hope not. Valu loves the beach. Always has. But, I guess when something is in your backyard one can become a bit indifferent. (uhmmm--a little lecture from your loving mother): "Boys indifference is a choice. Don't ever take this beautiful place for granted. This place is magical. Always keep your heart open and be present so that you can hear and see the magic surrounding you." :)

Gratitude Journal:
Keenan: Swam all by myself!!
Valu: The pool slide at Turtle Bay is awesome.
Mom: Having food and drinks brought to me while I lounged by the poolside. Bliss.
Dad: A great day. Loved playing with my boys. I am completely exhausted. I must be getting old. :)

1 comment:

Tyler, Kamry, Jaxxen, Madexx and Nixxen said...

I am so jealous! I cant believe those pictures! So pretty! Hope you guys are doing good! You have such a cute family!