I am not a fan of eating pig flesh. I may eat some kalua pork every once in awhile--but it is probably once every year or two. But, things are changing around here. We ate the yummiest pork dish tonight. It got an unanimous 4 thumbs up from our fussy critics. -- It really is that good.
A friend introduced me to the wonderful recipes from Becky Higgins. We don't have a Cafe Rio, so I don't know if this Pork Salad is comparable to the one that it is trying to imitate. Even if it isn't an exact replica, it is worth trying. The pork was so tender and the dressing was scrUMPtious. I especially love the fact that the fat cooked off of the meat--so it was virtually fat-less. SO HAPPY!Carrie these are for you:
Here are a few of our other family favorites from Becky's Recipes :
Buckeye Bars--We had this dessert for FHE tonight. I use a few more Nilla wafers-30 instead of 22.
Oreo Delight-- a yummy pudding dessert.
Garlic Chicken Farfalle--My favorite Alfredo recipe.
Gratitude Journal:
Keenan: Grateful for my Mom, she makes the best desserts.
Valu: Grateful that Mom is always serving us--and seems so happy about it.
Mom: Grateful that I have a grateful family.
Dad: Grateful for a wonderful wife and a happy and full belly.




3 comments:
We have the chicken version of this recipe and LOVE it too! We can't wait to try the pork version. I went and looked up Becky Higgins website...how did you find her?
Dawn, A friend guided me to Becky's website. Her recipes are kid-friendly and easy. If I am looking for something new her site is one I frequent.
YUM! I love Cafe Rio so I'll have to check it out : ) Nice shot!
Post a Comment