Friday, July 17, 2009

Fishing Boots

Finally, the boys have some proper fishing boots. It's about time. All 3 boys have encountered deep, deeep cuts due to slippery slippahs on mossy rocks. Thanks to my nifty app we found out that low tide was at 7:38pm. So the boys trudged off in their spiffy new boots with nets and spear and caught...NOTHING. The wind was too strong and the swells were too rough. Bummer, maybe tomorrow, guys.
I wanted to highlight the boys' new boots so I used a selective color technique in photoshop.
The photo below is the original.
I am taking a free class from Jessica Sprague. She is a photoshop guru. I have learned so much from her streamlined methods. I have taken quite a few classes from her. She even has a bunch of freebies. She is a brilliant, generous soul.

Gratitude Journal:
Keenan: I love my new boots.
Valu: Grateful that Mom is a generous soul.
Mom: Grateful that a simple gifts of new boots can make the boys feel so happy.
Dad: Grateful that I was able to watch Keenan at his swimming lesson today. He is turning into a little fish.

No comments: