Friday, September 4, 2009

Mommy's Playtime

Thursday, 3 September 2009

We spent quite a bit of the day outside playing in the yard. I was hoping a good dose of fresh air and soaking up lots of Vitamin D would help this little boylie's sick body.While Keenan played I was able to play a bit, too.

I really love my 50mm f/1.2 lens. It creates lovely bokeh. Which is wonderful for distracting backgrounds. I rarely shoot with my aperture fully opened at 1.2--but today I had fun playing. Notice how short the depth of field is in this shot. The focus starts to blur at Keenan's knuckles, right where the plane changes.

I adore this beautiful blue ginger plant.
Mostly due to the fact that it is one of the only plants that thrives on our property.
I certainly am not known for having a green thumb.

Gratitude Journal:
Keenan: Grateful that my body is not sweating anymore.
Valu: Grateful for books and that they are so readily available.
Mom: Grateful that Ki likes to cook - especially on nights when I don't want to.
Dad: Grateful for good friends and good food. I think most problems could be solved around a table of delicious food.

No comments: