Project 365:
Kumon has been a part of Valu's daily life for 6 years. I am amazed at the level of comprehension and mastery that he has achieved in both reading and math. It may not be his favorite thing to do, but when we gave him the option to quit last month, his answer was an unequivocal, NO. Whew!!
12 months ago Valu earned an award that not many Kumon students achieve: Level G by Grade 5. Which basically means he was learning algebra in 5th grade. He is the first student to earn this award from the Kahuku Kumon Center. Mrs. Graham keeps this poster of Valu hanging from her ceiling --she told me she has received numerous inquires about Kumon due to this darling poster. Valu, our darling, little poster child. :)
Gratitude Journal:
Keenan: Grateful for the rain--except when I can't go out and play.
Valu: Grateful for study-hall at school. I love not having homework.
Mom: Grateful for the surf report application on my iphone. I love knowing the tide forecast, swell levels, the exact temperature, the humidity levels and the wind direction and speed. I especially love knowing the exact minute that the sun will rise and fall, and the exact time that the low/high tide will take place during the day. I didn't know I was such a weather geek. Thanks to Pops, the weather channel was always on at 949 E. 9th St. I guess the weather bug bit me too.
Dad: Nothing is better than coming home after a long day at work. So grateful to be here.




1 comment:
ah! Are we surprised by our brilliant Valu? No way! He's always been SO brilliant! Way to go, Valu! Can't believe that baby is grown up so! Seems like yesterday we would bring Maile over and watch Valu run around with books and a blanket to share with her! Reading the blog makes us miss you all so very much!!! We are too far apart with an ocean and lots of states inbetween! Love you all!
Post a Comment