Project 365:
We finally purchased Valu's scout uniform paraphernalia. He will attend his first official Day Camp next weekend.
I am a bit flabbergasted at the cost of these essentials. Seriously! Later this month he will be going on his first camp-out....we need to buy all the camping supplies too. Wonder what kind of damage that will incur? I hope that Valu will enjoy scouting. I don't think our family could be described as outdoorsey. Our rendition of "roughing it" is staying in a bad hotel. Sad, but true. Hopefully, Valu will change our bad-natured mantra and become an avid outdoorsman. One can only hope. I just hope I don't ever have to go out on such an excursion. I really love nature. I do! I love hiking and exploring and just breathing in all the freshness. BUT, and it is a big BUT, after a wonderful day of exploring, I really like to sleep in a comfy bed surrounded by four walls with blessed indoor plumbing nearby. I admit that I am a bit of a pampered princess. But, I married a prince who gets bruises from the uncomfortable 'pea' even more than I do.Gratitude Journal:
Keenan: Grateful for chocolate covered raisins. YUM!
Valu: Grateful for weekends.
Mom: Grateful for relaxing, unscheduled weekends, too. Pure bliss.
Dad:




2 comments:
And to think the BSA is a not-for-profit organization! It looks like the uniforms are more old school than they used to be. I got lucky... I just used all of Ryan's scouting stuff!
Yeah, that's a little pricey for the basics! I'm with Keenan...I'm thankful for chocolate covered raisins as well! I bought the container from Costco and I probably shouldn't have!
Post a Comment