...but not in the way you might think... Today, my primary lesson was based on prayer. I was in charge of Sharing Time today, too. The subject? You guessed it-prayer. I also did my Visiting Teaching today and the message, of course, was prayer. The power of prayer is one of my favorite things to teach/discuss. I love that we all can communicate with Heavenly Father. It really is a profound concept--the ability to commune with Deity. As I look back, even as a young child, I felt Heavenly Father's presence in my life. He listened and answered my childhood prayers and concerns. He still hears me. He directs me. He comforts me. He is my polar north star.

My Sharing Time consisted of using examples from the scriptures where prayer was the avenue to unlock miracles. I ended my Sharing Time by explaining how singing can be a prayer - D&C 25:12. I shared how singing can help us feel closer to Heavenly Father. I also shared the 2 songs that are on the handout, above. I love to give something to the kids to take home. I believe handouts help solidify concepts learned at church.--My hope is that parents see the handouts and it leads to discussions that were taught at church. At least that is my intention on making a handout. :)
I found the cute handout on Emma's blog. I emailed her last night to see if she would send me the file and in less 20 mins it was in my inbox. So grateful that she shares her talents. I am especially grateful that she helped me at the last minute. Notice how she emphasized the 4 steps of prayer-exactly what I wanted to emphasize. I was able to whip out (print, cut, and adhere to cardstock) 32 handouts in less than 45 mins. All due to Emma's skills and thoughtfulness. So grateful!!
I also made these handouts for the ladies that I Visit Teach. I made them 5x7 so they can put them in the frames we made at Enrichment. My Visiting Teachers happen to be 2 of the ladies that my companion and I teach. So, in an effort to reduce redundancy, we meet at my home on 2nd sundays for lunch and the sharing of the VT message. We are really enjoying our visits and our cleverness in "killing several birds with one stone". :) Our VT lunch has turned out to be one of my favorite things to look forward to each month. Today, I made easy peasy Taco Soup, salsa, and a 7 layer dip . I find that I really enjoy cooking. Especially, for those who appreciate my cooking. - Yes, that was a huge passive aggressive plug directed at my boys. :}Gratitude Journal:
Keenan: Grateful to go to church.
Valu: Grateful for sunday game nights.
Mom: Grateful for a full day of sunday goodness. I am grateful to be able to teach--as I am usually the one who learns the most.
Dad: Grateful that I was able to serve my family today.




No comments:
Post a Comment