I got a good chuckle as I walked past our recycling bin. Not because of the obvious. (Ki's brother is visiting and the beer bottles are his--not mine.) I was actually giggling over the irony. You see, I do have an alcohol problem. A rubbing alcohol addiction. (You can see the evidence of my addiction behind the beer bottle.) -- My giggle stemmed from a little story that I like to retell--but I don't think I have officially recorded. But tonight I will share one of my most humbling moments. --

Valu, (in Kindergarten, at the time) told the entire school that his Mom was an alcoholic. OH YES, HE DID! The school was having a DARE assembly. They were talking about the danger of drugs and alcohol. Cute little Valu, being the talkative boy that he is, outed his Mom. He told the entire campus, " My Mom is an alcoholic. She goes to Wal-mart and buys lots and lots of alcohol. She fills up the entire cart with alcohol bottles." -- Uh hmm, I do. He wasn't exaggerating. I tend to stock up on the stuff when we make the long trek into town. That day, we had a long conversation on the difference between alcohol and isopropyl alcohol. :) Teachers from his school still give me sheepish grins.
So, even though my alcohol addiction may have given me a bad reputation, I won't give it up. I really do love to clean my counters and even my tile floor with this wonderful stuff. Not only does it sanitize--it cleans away sticky stuff. Sticky seems to be the goo of choice in this household of boys.
Gratitude Journal:
Keenan: I love jumping on the tramp when Valu gets it slippery with soap.
Valu: Grateful that Keenan and I could jump on the slippery tramp.
Mom: Grateful for a fun relaxing evening,
Dad: Grateful that I could spend the day with my brother.




2 comments:
LOL! I've never heard this story before and it's GREAT!--Carrie
EVERY time I see rubbing alcohol, I think of you, Miss Heather! What a funny story!!! Cute updates!
Post a Comment