Thursday, August 6, 2009

Byodo-In Temple

Wednesday, 5 August 2009

Today was Keenan's last day of summer. To celebrate we watched the movie G-Force--the animation was amazing. Before the movie we decide to stop and visit the beautiful Byodo-In Temple. This peaceful hide-a-way is one of our favorite places to visit. The atmosphere calms even my exuberant boylies.

As soon as I stepped on this bridge I unintentionally let out a deep sigh. I didn't realize how shallow my breaths were until I inhaled after the sigh, filling my lungs to capacity. To me--this bridge symbolizes leaving one's cares behind and crossing over into a haven of peace.


I asked the boys to set an intention for their up-coming school year before ringing the bell.
The sound that resonates out of this bell is incredibly centering. My solar plexus vibrated as the boys gently striked the bell with the shu-moku.


We fed the Koi.


Cute little birdies ate out of their hands.


This beautiful black swan kept swimming past us--back and forth.


Amazing to think this beautiful temple was created without the use of nails.

Gratitude Journal:
Keenan: Grateful for little birds who like to eat food in my hand.
Valu: Grateful for a fun outing with my family.
Mom: Grateful that the boylies can appreciate quiet places of reflection.
Dad: Grateful that my wife takes the time to teach our boys to appreciate the finer things in life.

No comments: