Monday, 10 August 2009
Keenan, "Mom, do you know why I need to wear this tie to school?"
Me: "Um, no Keenster. Why do you need to wear that tie to school?"
Keenan: "Ties make boys be quiet." -- And he grabbed his neck like he was being choked.
Me: "Ohh, so that's why boys wear ties to church--to help them be reverent!?"
Keenan: "Yep! But this tie is the best because it doesn't choke. I need to wear this to church, too."
Me: "Dude, that is a special shirt I got you just for school. But, I promise to make sure that your ties don't choke you from now on."
Keenan: "Or how 'bout I paint a tie on my church shirt?"
Me: "Hmm....that is a very creative idea--why don't you go tell your dad about it and see what he thinks."

Gratitude Journal:
Keenan: Grateful for my new school.
Valu: Grateful that I still have a whole week of summer vacation. Everyone else is in school except me. :)
Mom: Grateful for the wonderful summer we have had. It has been one of the most relaxing we have experienced.
Dad: Feels so good to have a productive day.




No comments:
Post a Comment