Saturday, August 1, 2009

Reflections of Christ

Sunday, 26 July 2009

Tonight we walked to the Temple to enjoy the surroundings and a special exhibit.
Mark Marby's amazing photo exhibit was displayed in the visitor's center. His photos depicting Christ's life are extremely moving. I am so grateful that I got to see the photos in real life. His work is nothing short of inspiring.

This video is a slideshow of the photos in the exhibit accompanied by beautiful music created specifically for it.


As I entered the Visitor's Center with a camera around my neck--I was greeted by a missionary who kindly informed me that I could not take photos of Mark's exhibit. She let me know that I could take a picture of the Christus. After 3 more missionaries approached me with the same information, I decided to take a photo of the statue just to appease their pleas.

I forget to stop and appreciate all the beautiful details in this marble wonder.
It really is exquisite.

Still renovating--7 months into the 18 month reno.

This boylie knows how to turn his Mom's heart to mush.

He has also been taught NOT to pick flowers- he gathers the ones that have fallen. Keenan even knows to look for bugs before he hands the flower to his Mom.
Love this thoughtful kiddo.

I adore this near-century old rock wall that surrounds the Temple grounds.

This gorgeous sunset embraced us as we said our good-byes.

Gratitude Journal:
Keenan: Grateful for the Temple. It is beautiful.
Valu: Grateful to be able to see the pictures in the Visitor's Center. They really do look better in real life, compared to the ones in the book.
Mom: Grateful that Mark was willing to share his art with Hawaii. I love gracious artists.
Dad: Grateful that my wife keeps us culturally fed.

No comments: