Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Valu's First Day of School

Monday, 17 August 2009

Valu didn't want any fanfare. -- I was lucky to at least snap his new backpack and coolio shorts. "7th grade is no biggie", he said. "It's my second year of middle school. No big deal."
Valu,

I just want you to know that your Mom is very proud of you. As I was reflecting over the blessing that your father gave to you this morning, I couldn't keep myself from tearing up. You are an incredible kid. Thank-you for being obedient. It is a choice. And I am so grateful that you choose to be respectful to your parents. I have always been amazed at your brilliant brain and your insightful questioning and reasoning. Your inquisitiveness will take you far in this life. This morning as I was trying to help Keenan stay focused on his homework--I realized this is not something I have ever had to do with you. You have always stayed focused on your school assignments. This past year--not once did I need to check on your assignments. Not only did you keep track of all your assignments and deadlines-you allowed yourself time to fine tune them before they were actually due. I love that you are self-motivated. You are a self-motivated learner. Such an amazing skill to have.

I just want you to know that I adore you. I always have. Always will. You are an incredible young man. It is a pleasure and an honor to be your mother.

I hope you have a wonderful year - full of frivolity and joy. You deserve all the joy that you can muster. I hope you can muster oodles of it. :)

love always,
Mom

Gratitude Journal:
Keenan: Grateful to be home with my brother-I missed him.
Valu: Looks like it is going to be a great year--we were told that we will be able to get most of our assignments done in school. Yes!
Mom: Grateful that the boylies are in great schools. So very grateful.
Dad: Grateful that we were able to find schools that can stimulate their desire to learn.

No comments: