Saturday, 19 December 2009
...we loving wrapped our presents and displayed them under the tree.
One of of our favorite traditions is wrapping our presents together. We gather all the ribbon and paper that I have found through-out the years. We find a good movie to watch and spend a few hours lovingly wrapping our presents. I think a beautiful package can be as important as the gift itself. The boys love the pretty packaging just as much as I do. Spending the extra time to make our gifts extra special makes us happy.

As we walk past the pretty packages it makes us smile and that is reason enough to continue the tradition.

Having our presents wrapped and ready to deliver to our neighbors and friends gives me a personal sense of relaxation. The holidays can be so stressful!-- When I walk into our home and see that our presents are already wrapped - I actually let out an audible sigh. I try hard to keep us/me from getting stressed and too busy. Wrapping everything ahead of time keeps my eyelids from twitching. (Yes, that is how I know that I am starting to get stressed.)

Bring on Christmas. We are ready!
Gratitude Journal:Keenan: Grateful for presents they make me REALLY happy.Valu: Grateful that we take the time to make our presents nice. Mom: Grateful that the boys appreciate all the little details of Christmas. I have always believed that LOVE is in the details.Dad: Grateful that we can have fun together wrapping presents--who knew it could be so fun?
No comments:
Post a Comment