Wednesday, December 16, 2009

On The 9th Day Before Christmas...

...we celebrated 5 glorious years of Keenan being on this earth.

We all sang as Valu played "Happy Birthday" on the piano.


Keenan made a grand wish...he can't tell or it won't come true. :)


We ate oreo ice cream cake. Oreos are Keenie's favorite cookie.


Valu helped Keenan build his Star Wars lego ship.


Keenan scored on the Star Wars toys. They are still his favorite.


This is what I get when I ask the cute kiddo to smile for me.


This is the look I get when he is finished posing.



Dearest Keenan,

I will always remember the first time I held you in my arms. It wasn't right after you came into this world. I could only stroke your little face before they whisked you away to do tests and monitoring. A couple of hours later they placed your sweet little body in my arms. When I nuzzled into your little neck and kissed your cheek, you let out the sweetest little sigh. A sigh that seemed to express, " Finally, I am home." Our home wasn't complete until you arrived. How I adore. How we all adore you. You are such a bundle of pure joy. I love your happy and exuberant personality. You love making friends and have an amazing ability to remember everyone's name. As we go around town you yell out hellos and how are you's to all you know.

You have blossomed at your new school. You love all your new friends. And from what I hear from your teachers and the mothers of your girlie friends--you are quite the ladies man. You love the ladies and babies. The other day you proudly declared, "I am going to have 20 kids and 8 wives." When we told you that you can only have one wife, you said, "Well, I'll only have 3 then."

You love all things Star Wars. You hum the music from the soundtracks. You are starting to quote lines from the animated series. You are especially fond of ships right now. But the trooper guys are your very favorite.

I also love the cute songs that you are singing from school. You remember them and teach them to me. As of late you have been belting out the Hawaiian rendition of The 12 Days of Christmas. You even rock the pidgin.

You give the best full-body hugs. I live for these hugs. They are the best. You are the best.

I love you little dude. You have made the last 5 years joyous!

love, Mom


Gratitude Journal:
Keenan: Grateful for all of my presents.
Valu: Grateful that Keenan had a great day. I love you little brother.
Mom: Grateful that Keenan had a happy day. He was so excited to be able to share cupcakes with his school mates.
Dad: Grateful for my precious son. I love you Keenan.

No comments: