A friend is getting married tomorrow. She rented a beautiful beach-front estate for the wedding. Today, we celebrated by having a shower for her. I got a tour of the gorgeous estate. One of the wings was being dismantled. It was the room reserved exclusively for Liz Taylor when she visited Hawaii. Liz is responsible for the rooms decor - which was very interesting, to say the least. The room was actually quite a mess due to the remodeling. The light was horrid and thus, so are the photos--But, I decided lousy pictures are better than no pictures.
The care-taker stated that Liz's last visit was in January and that Liz will not be traveling here anymore due to her failing health. A bit sad, eh? I have always loved the lavender-eyed beauty, Elizabeth Taylor. It was fun to be in a place that was intimate to her.
As you moved in the bathroom, the walls actually twinkled from the light reflecting off of the floor to ceiling iridescent tile. It was actually quite lovely.
All of the bedroom walls were covered in yellow iridescent shears. A bit tacky, in my opinion. Maybe this was "The Thing" in the 50's or 60's? Liz was obviously a fan of things that sparkle.

The estate's care-taker said that Liz made this self-portrait.
Her signature? Kit Kat?
Don't you love the huge Liz portrait in the background?
There is a bit of irony in this Liz/Erin house thing. - Erin (wearing the lei, and the bride-to-be) was an Elizabeth Taylor look-a-like when she was a teenager. People used to stop her all the time and mention the resemblance. I can still see the resemblance.
A bit ironic-don't you think?
A view of the pool.
I will try and take some better pictures tomorrow at the wedding. This estate is amazing.
Gratitude Journal:
Keenan: Grateful that I could spend the day with my daddy.
Valu: Grateful that I could spend the afternoon with my mom, one-on-one.
Mom: Grateful that I got to spend the afternoon with Valu, one-on-one.
Dad: Grateful for resourceful business associates.




No comments:
Post a Comment