Valu goes to Kumon on Tuesdays. He turns in his completed worksheets. He completes a worksheet in both reading and math--so that his instructors can validate his progress. And then he brings home the worksheets that he will complete during the next week. When he got home today he said, "You know, I don't think the creator of Kumon wanted kids to be excited about this program." What? Why do you think that, Valu? -- He hands me his bag and says, "Look at the logo. This expression is exactly how I feel--almost indifferent."
Ha! Seriously, I wonder why the advertisers put such a neutral expression on the character in their logo. Were they trying to keep it "real." Is it because a happy face would be an exaggeration and a neutral face is how kids really feel about Kumon. Kids aren't excited to do Kumon--but are satisfied with the results that they keep it up? I am curious to know. Maybe I can convince Valu to send an email to headquarters to find out.

Gratitude Journal:
Keenan: Grateful to be able to play in the rain, today.
Valu: Grateful that there are only 2 more days of school. Friday is a school party. Yippee!
Mom: Grateful for a productive day and blessed sleep.
Dad: Grateful for my comfy car--I was traveling around in it for 8 hrs today.




No comments:
Post a Comment