Saturday, May 9, 2009

May Day - Keenie's Day

Friday, May 7

Don't you love the tiaras and the fact that most of the girls are taller than the boys. 
Oh--the joys of Tweeniedom.

Here is Keenan in his dancing debut.


Keenan was so excited to perform. 
FYI : they are yelling "BOOGIE WALK"

Disclaimer: Why is it that the Video Recorder always malfunctions at crucial times?
Keenan's video was taken with my cheapo point and shoot. Thank goodness for back-ups.


I have to post a May Day performance from Kahuku Elementary.
Kahuku knows how to entertain. They fill up most of CAC with not only family members but community members who want to watch the fabulous show.
Did you notice that Valu, The Groove-ster, was a line leader? The choreographer came up to me and told me that Valu is a natural dancer and that we really should have him involved in dance. He knows how to quickly grasp choreography and keep the tempo. Oh, how I would love Valu to dance. Hula is so masculine and cool and would keep him grounded in his island culture. But, that is my wish, not his. Maybe I can convince Keenan. :)

I must say that Kivalu and I are a bit proud that our boys can boogie. 
They certainly did not get it from us. 
Sadly, we both have two left feet.

Gratitude Journal:
Keenan: Grateful that I got to dance at school--it was soooo fun!
Valu: Grateful that the weekend is upon us.
Mom: Grateful for a community that honors and supports traditions.
Dad: Grateful that I could watch Keenan perform. So fun to watch your kids shine.

No comments: